Like most people, I am absolutely OBSESSED with guacamole. I have tried many different recipes for guacamole but none stand as true as the one I am going to share with you today.
Guacamole is one of the finest things in life. A little avocado, margarita and some blue corn chips..uhmmm, yes! or should I say yumm, yes!
The key to a perfect guacamole is to not over mix it. DO NOT I repeat do not blend it. Blending the guacamole takes away from the organic-ness of the avocado.
Ingredients for the perfect guacamole: Brynne's Famous Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup white/yellow onion
- 1 spicy jalepeno (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- salt & pepper
- squeeze of fresh lemon or lime
The first thing you want to invest in if you want to be a great guacamole maker is a molcajete. You can find one at any Williams Sonoma
If you don't have a molcajete, thats okay you can use a glass bowl and a fork or spoon. It doesn't work quite as well, however.
- Dice onions into small pieces. They don't have to be perfect, or too small.
- Chop up jalepeno into small pieces. Again, it doesn't have to be perfect
- Give the cilantro a rough chop
- Combine onion, jalepeno, cilantro, and salt & pepper in the molcajete or bowl.
- Take a fork or spoon or your pestle and mash them together. You want the consistency to be paste-like.
- Next, cut the avocado into large pieces and add it to the paste
- Fold in avocado with a spatula- make sure its FOLDED in and not mixed or stirred. You want the avocado to still be chunky.
- Finally, add a squeeze of 1/2 lime or lemon.
- If you like tomatoes you can add them, too! I don't like tomatoes in my guacamole, but by all means, if you like them, add them!