For the first day of my countdown, I decided to share this amazing and delicious recipe of Penuche Walnut Fudge with you. It is always SUCH a hit because it's so flavorful and melts in your mouth. I got a lot of compliments on this one.
Here's how it's done:
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 5 ounces (1 1/4 sticks 0r 10 tablespoons) salted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 ounces walnuts, chopped (1 cup)
1. Coat a 5-by-10-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line with plastic wrap leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides.
2. Combine: evaporated milk, brown sugar, and butter and bring to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly. Using a candy thermometer, measure the heat of the mixture until it reaches 236 degrees. Let cool for a few minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to a mixer bowl, and beat in confectioners' sugar on low speed. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Increase speed to medium, and beat until mixture is thickened and smooth, 2 to 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low, and add vanilla and walnuts.
4. Spread mixture in pan, smoothing top. Refrigerate, uncovered, until firm, about 25 minutes. For best results, leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Turn loaf pan upside down, shake the fudge out if necessary. Remove plastic wrap and cut into 64 pieces.
Recipe inspired by my idol: Martha Stewart